While private equity professionals are experts in the execution of their investment strategies, most do not have the same level of insight into how institutions allocate their portfolio exposures. Touchstone constantly monitors the institutional investor market. Through ongoing dialogue with individual investment professionals, we understand their investment preferences, allocations and concerns.
An integral part of Touchstone’s fundraising services is providing strategic market insight to our GP clients. We collaborate with GPs and provide them with ongoing informed insight into:
- Articulating their strategy in a crisp and compelling way
- Communicating their competitive differentiation
- Presenting their track record in the most credible way
- Dealing effectively with problematic issues involving team, strategy, or track record
- Responding appropriately to critical questions from LPs
- Advising on the current environment for fund terms and conditions
We provide detailed input to improve written materials including offering memoranda, investor presentations, due diligence questionnaires, and ongoing quarterly LP communications. We also assist GPs in setting up and populating online data rooms for prospective LPs. We attend investor meetings with our clients, and provide invaluable coaching and advice both before each meeting as well as in post-meeting debriefings.